2/12/2015 We had one angler today who caught a couple of fairly fresh Steelhead. The weather is going to get brutally cold tomorrow so make sure you are dressed properly if your adventurous enough to venture out!.There is Shelf and slush ice on the river that will not break up due to the coming sub… [Continue reading…]
Fishing Reports For The Salmon River
Having an accurate and up to date Salmon River fishing report is one of the most important parts of being a successful fishing experience.
For over three years we have been gathering and sending out fishing reports via this website and through emails. As we have been cultivating contacts on the Salmon River, we are now able to gather fishing reports directly from trusted anglers.
When reading a fishing report that is listed here or another website, please note the following.
- Fishing reports are generated for the current day.
- Fising reports are sent out after the day has concluded
- Fishing reports give the current position of fish but they cannot predict the position of fish the next day.
- Fishing reports must be used as clues or as a forecast of where fish could be the next day because fish continue to move.
- Fishing reports although an important part of the fishing experience it still does not negate the need for reading water and good fishing technique.
If you need any help fishing the Salmon River NY please do not hesitate to contact us or to leave a comment.
GOOD WEATHER COMING UP Published 2/9/2015 today we had a light snow falling almost all day – very fine, granular to some fluffy lake effect – no winds, temperature in the high teens – the river is a bit slushy still – Tuesday through Wednesday are forecasted to be better fishing conditions in that the… [Continue reading…]
On Monday we picked up several inches of snow from Winter Storm Marcus, but the highest of snow totals were south of us in the Syracuse area. With cold and snowy conditions, slush ice was a factor in the lower end of the river and did not clear. The anglers that we spoke with in… [Continue reading…]
The river is running at 285 CFS. The best fishing has been in the school house and wire pool. The best bait has been white egg sacs and white jigs tipped with a wax worm. Published 06 February 2015 From Fat Nancy’s Tackle Shop You can shop Fat Nancy’s at 3750 NY-13, Pulaski, NY 13142… [Continue reading…]