Posted on 3/2/2015
“Please check the waterline for the latest update. Sunday was cold in the morning, but the temperature did reach near 30 degrees in the afternoon. The good news is that over the next couple of days a warming trend is expected which will be greatly appreciated and long past due. Anglers staying in the motel and stopping into the shop reported having a good day in the upper end of the river while bottom bouncing with flies or float fishing with blue egg sacs and pink worms. Yesterday slush ice was a factor in the mid to lower end of the river and with sunny conditions it did clear late in the afternoon. The upper end of the river in Altmar has not been getting slush ice and is where most anglers are fishing on a daily basis. With the recent cold temp’s most anglers have been fishing late morning through early afternoon which has been the warmest part of the day. In the upper end of the river anglers are fishing the Lower Fly Zone, Schoolhouse Pool, Wire Hole, Ellis Cove, Bovines, Trestle Pool, Refrigerator and Pineville.
- Steelhead Stone in purple, red, orange. size 8.
- Sparkle stone in black, size 10.
- Steelhead Hammer in black, purple, blue. size 8.
- Glo-bugs in oregon cheese, blue, pink and chart. size 10
- Rubber leg stone in black or brown, size 10.
- Woolly Buggers in black, olive, white and brown. size 4-8
- Black flashback nymph. size 6
- Kaufman stone. size 6
- Beadhead black stone. size 6-10.
- Wiggle stone in blue, chart, pink and peacock. size 10
- Steak-N-Eggs in orange, pink, chart. size 10.
- Sucker spawn in pink, blue, chart, white and peachy king. size 8″