Please check the waterline for the latest update. Wednesday was the warmest day that we’ve had in weeks and it was nice to have a day in the 30’s. The anglers we spoke with reported having another good day in the Lower Fly Zone with black stoneflies, hare’s ear and pheasant tails producing the best results. The upper end of the river in Altmar has not been getting slush ice and is where most anglers are fishing on a daily basis. With the recent cold temp’s most anglers have been fishing late morning through early afternoon which has been the warmest part of the day. In the upper end of the river anglers are fishing the Lower Fly Zone, Schoolhouse Pool, Wire Hole, Ellis Cove, Bovines, Trestle Pool, Refrigerator and Pineville.
- Steelhead Stone in purple, red, orange. size 8.
- Sparkle stone in black, size 10.
- Steelhead Hammer in black, purple, blue. size 8.
- Glo-bugs in oregon cheese, blue, pink and chart. size 10
- Rubber leg stone in black or brown, size 10.
- Woolly Buggers in black, olive, white and brown. size 4-8
- Black flashback nymph. size 6
- Kaufman stone. size 6
- Beadhead black stone. size 6-10.
- Wiggle stone in blue, chart, pink and peacock. size 10
- Steak-N-Eggs in orange, pink, chart. size 10.
- Sucker spawn in pink, blue, chart, white and peachy king. size 8
Report is from Whitakers
You can shop and stay at Whitakers at 3707 State Route 13 Pulaski, NY 13142 Phone: 315-298-6162.
Or visit them at their Facebook Page.
Leave a Reply