“Were finally going to catch a break with the weather over the next several days with a warming trend in the forecast. Yesterday the number of anglers on the water did increase from what we had been getting and it was good to see people getting out. We got mixed reports from anglers staying in the motel, but the best action seemed to have come from the Lower Fly Zone with black stoneflies, hare’s ear and pheasant tails producing the best results. The upper end of the river in Altmar is where most anglers have been fishing on a daily basis. The upcoming warm weather should help break up the shelf ice in the lower end of the river and give anglers another opportunity of where to fish. In the upper end of the river anglers are fishing the Lower Fly Zone, Schoolhouse Pool, Wire Hole, Ellis Cove, Bovines, Trestle Pool, Refrigerator, Pineville and Ace in the Hole.
- Steelhead Stone in purple, red, orange. size 8.
- Sparkle stone in black, size 10.
- Steelhead Hammer in black, purple, blue. size 8.
- Glo-bugs in oregon cheese, blue, pink and chart. size 10
- Rubber leg stone in black or brown, size 10.
- Woolly Buggers in black, olive, white and brown. size 4-8
- Black flashback nymph. size 6
- Kaufman stone. size 6
- Beadhead black stone. size 6-10.
- Wiggle stone in blue, chart, pink and peacock. size 10
- Steak-N-Eggs in orange, pink, chart. size 10.
- Sucker spawn in pink, blue, chart, white and peachy king. size 8